Re: The Woodburytype process

From: Wayde Allen (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 15:46:24 /etc/localtime

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Pollmeier Klaus wrote:

> harden and dry. You will then need lead plates ca. 3/4 to 1 cm thick. With
> a press, that provides a pressure of ca. 500 kg per square centimeter, you
> now press the relief into the lead.

This is true if you restrict yourself to 19th century equipment and
materials. However, someone on this list mentioned replacing the lead
plates with a plastic casting resin. I don't remember who said that, but
I thought is was a very clever idea. I don't suppose that the person who
offered that idea is still here and would like to comment further?

- Wayde
  (wallen@boulder.nist.gov)