Re: The Woodburytype process

From: Vincent Hoban (hobanv@ncad.ie)
Date: Mon Aug 27 1956 - 21:02:02 /etc/localtime

----------
It was I (I'm sure I'm not the first!) who suggested using resins. Thee are
a range of resins available which will do the job of making a cast from a
gelatin relief. There are polyester, acrylic, polyurethane amongst others -
I have tried quite a few. The essential properties are that they don't
shrink on setting, that they don't react to water either when they are
setting or as plates, that they don't produce too much heat on setting and
of course that they remain dimensionally stable when in a printing press.

On the point that it is a very difficult process - it is but that is no
reason not to give it a go!

Vincent

Wayde Allen wrote