Re: Fw: PANDORA OR CAN OF WORMS?

From: David.Clark@Walsworth.com
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 17:57:57 /etc/localtime

This thread is getting a bit tiresome for me, but I really don't have a problem
with stereotypical or trite images.

Every photographer is not a great artist, and I bet I am not the only one who
produced trite images which I thought (at that time) were high art.

Sometimes we need to work through dreck to get to the good stuff. The key is to
just keep working.

My personal goal is to learn to photograph what I am feeling and not what I am
thinking. I actively try to avoid NOT taking a picture because of a mental
"artistic quality" edit.

I am also too inhibited to photograph even apologetic, Farberesque nudes. I
think that is a personal artistic shortcoming. Maybe someday I will hire a
model and just photograph rolls and rolls of soft porn.

But don't look for it on a book cover any time soon.

David