Paper negatives

From: erobkin@uwc.edu
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 18:08:11 /etc/localtime

I am starting a series of experiments using large sheets of printing paper
to make in-camera negatives. My first crude attempt succeeded very well but
before I get deeply into this I'd like to know what papers other people may
have tried and how they worked.

Yes I know, check the archives, but as I remember most of that concentrated
on separating the top layer of RC paper from the rest without much detail on
just what paper was involved. I'd like to avoid the separation step. My
experiment used intact paper and worked just fine assuming ASA of 1 with 12
seconds exposure at f8 in the camera. Great detail, very encouraging. Gave
a good print and the pale Kodak logo on the back did not print through. At
the moment I am guessing that RC paper is the way to go.

On another note, I am trying to locate some process lenses with FL's in the
800 mm range and above for another experiment. So far the two I located had
price tags way out of my reach. I've restricted myself to a sub poverty
budget for this one. Does anyone have any information to share on sources
to check out for these. For what it's worth I've several lenses in the 200
mm FL range and lower. Maybe someone will entertain a trade. Off line
communications on the lenses would probably be best.

Many thanks.

Eugene Robkin