Re: digital camera v. scan

From: James Kellar (james@kellar.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 22:28:58 /etc/localtime

Dean,

I have used a Leaf DCB II digital camera back on a Mamiya RZ to do what you
are suggesting, and it works very well. In fact the images I get with the
digital camera are much better then I can get with moderate priced flatbed
scanner. Luckily I work for a company that can afford to spend $42000 on
such a system. I believe that you will not be able to find a digital camera
that will be able to give you enough resolution for under $10000. But who
knows with the way technology is changing I could be wrong. Most of the
images on my web site were shot with the DCB II.

James

--
James J. Kellar
PO Box 8233