Re: Traveling Portfolio Deadlines

FotoDave@aol.com
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 18:37:58 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 11/1/99 11:39:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
terryroth@earthlink.net writes:

> the size of the prints on
> your site is so tiny (about the size of a 35mm contact print) that the
> exercise seems pointless, there is just too little info availble fromthe
> tiny images. Can't they be upsized???

Hi Terry,

I am replying this on list because others might have similar interest and
question about the traveling portfolio. The reason for the small size is
mainly because AOL had a storage limitation for the user, and I had to
reserve some space for my own use too.

Recently, probably due to competition, AOL increases the storage to 12MB from
3MB as long as one allows them to put a advertising banner on the top of the
page. I have allowed them to do so, so I have more space now. I haven't
tested it yet, but it looks like we are going to have larger-size images for
Portfolio 1999C.

Currently the images serve only to help members to remember the images in
case they write their comments, critics, etc. *after* they mail the portfolio
to the next person.

Thanks in advance for your contribution, and I look forward to seeing your
kallitype and VDB!

Dave S