Re: why harden gelatin sizing?

Carl Weese (cjweese@wtco.net)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 08:54:51 -0500

Dave,

Simply that contact prints involve physical contact of the negative with
paper and glass under pressure while negatives meant for enlarging are
handled much more gently. If you are working with one of a kind
in-camera originals and contact printing them especially on hand-coated
papers, you want to give the negs as much protection as possible.---Carl