Digital Negs on Epson Inkjets

Nick Makris (nick@mcn.org)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 12:10:52 -0800

I keep my own archive on the threads that interest me - I just went through
the Digital Negs section and found that there was no consnesus on the best
film/paper to use. My printer is an Epson 1520 and I have calibrated it so
that what Photoshop shows on screen, prints on the printer. I have found
that the glossy papers print the very best images, but that the base of the
glossy paper is too dense for practical use in making contact prints. For
the record, I have an action that converts all my color images to sepia and
I then print them with the 4 color (black) archival inks as positives and I
couldn't be more pleased. I am at the stage where I now want to print them
as negatives and apply the proper curve(s) for Pt/Pd.

What I (we) need to know is, who is using what paper/film successfully for
Pt/Pd and what printer are they using.

Many thanks,

Nick