Re: Lithium palladium chloride

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 04 Nov 1999 17:02:56 -0500

Witho Worms & Jorien van Santen wrote:
> This afternoon I mixed 8,4 gram palladiumchloride with 4 gram
> lithiumchloride to 50 ml water (destilated)(following Jeffrey D. Mathias
> for AFO 40 %). Untill now, after lots of shaking and warming up it is still
> not in solution. At the bottom there is stil a substantial amount of
> 'sticky dark stuff'. What mistake did I made ? I put the powders together
> in a cup and poured water in.

Remember that's to bring to a total volume of 50ml.
8.29 g PdCl2
3.96 g LiCl
When water is added to these powders, heat will be generated. If not,
you may not be using LiCl. With only a little shaking, these powders in
these amounts should mix without any problem. No residue, no 'sticky
dark stuff'. I would suspect that the materials used are NOT what they
were thought to be or are contaminated.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/