Re: sepia bleach without toner

janet neuhauser (jneuhauser@silverlink.net)
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 21:54:54 -0700

Thanks to everyone with so much information. Yes it is those golden tones that are making me and
my students want to stop the toning process after the bleach (though I would hardly dare to call it
the 'janet effect!" Those tones stay after a good hour of an archival wash, so I don't think they are a
factor of not washing the bleach completely out of the print. Now we shall take all this information
and experiment a bit. It makes sense that the prints should fade, but hanging in bright light now for
a few weeks, we see no change -- and three years with no change sounds even better. Thanks
again

Janet Neuhauser