Re: Suggest various sites

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 15:54:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi Farah,

Welcome to *the* list -- sorry you haven't had any responses yet about the
web sites -- I was ready to add some more to my list of sites to visit if
I ever visit a site.

For what it's worth, here's one just mentioned on the history list. I
don't think I'm getting there either (it's just not my medium), but it
sounded very good, tho not *especially* altish: Everything you ever wanted
to know about Julia Margaret Cameron, at....

uh oh, my server heard me say that (they listen, you know) and wiped it
out... but maybe someone else has it, includes the word *dimba*... as I
recall.She is a WONDERFUL artist and visionary, looking better today even
than yesterday.... and one of those dimbulb women the men just LOVED to
badmouth, long after they should have known better.

By all means visit Mike Ware's website, for authoritative onfo on pt/pd
and other iron processes. That's one of the few I've actually seen, which
was a couple of years ago. I assume it's even better now.

Stephen Livick has a web site at www.livick.com, surely one to see, as he
is the wizard of gum...

There are also chemistry websites, light-source websites, even I assume
paper websites, and so forth, among the many so often recommended on this
list. Perhaps others will oblige, but my hunch is the most interesting
will be personal sites rather than corporate ones.

So far I haven't found a manufacturer's web site that didn't cause
murderous impulses to replace my normal happy disposition... these are
where you are forced by corporate hebetude and ineptitude to spend 32
hours downloading the software the defective disk with the scanner didn't
provide, and then it goes poof when you click on it.

Of course, I cannot assume all are like that, maybe just the ones I've
been to. Meanwhile, I agree with you about the *nudes.* I've come across
several in supposed "alt" or even "gum" galleries. Oh oh oh... to say
"tacky" is to be TOO KIND !!

Last, but I hope not least, I have, it seems, a "website" of sorts, a link
for my publication, Post-Factory Photography, kindly hosted by opusis.com,
tho I confess I haven't been there since it was put up. You should however
find sparkling prose and vital info at....

<http://rmp.opusis.com/postfactory/postfactory.html>

PS. Farah: are you a woman, as Farrah Faucett, or a man, as Farah...
hmmmm.... O'Reilly?

cheers,

Judy