Re: Fresson print cost

Gregory Parkinson (glp@panix.com)
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:51:03 -0500

At 12:02 AM -0800 11/12/99, Mac Legrandi wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I haven't been able to access the web site,. So what does a Fresson
>print cost? Is it worth it?

The financial institution I work for collects art as an investment and also
displays some of it in its office buildings. The floor where I have to change
elevator banks has a series of Sheila Metzner Fresson prints - color prints
of flowers, some in 50's vases and backgrounds. They're lovely. They don't
look like an "alt" process, though. I don't get any sense of the prints being
anything other than completely flat, if that makes sense. They could have
been produced using any number of automated mechanical processes (after
sufficient digital manipulation). But they're still lovely, and I hope to be
able to produce something as lovely someday.

On the same floor are two series of small hand-coated salt prints of
flowers (British, recent; I don't remember the name.) Very simple
and very elegant.