Potassiumoxalate

Harald Leban (HLEBANPHOT@compuserve.com)
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:58:53 -0500

Witho,

You should check the pH of the solution, maybe itīs in the acidic range
(lower pH7) and your Potassiumoxalate has a surplus of oxalic acid.
This has a great influence to the solubility of the salt.
I often had this problem when preparing my developer directly from Oxalic
acid and Potassiumhydroxid - in this case you should rise the pH to 7 -
best with a solution of Potassiumhydroxid.

Regards
Harald Leban
from
(snowy) Austria

Nachricht geschrieben von INTERNET:alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
>Just a few hours ago I tried to dissolve 250 gram of potassiumoxalate in
hot water to make 1 liter. But not all the oxalate dissolves. This is the
first time I noticed and I doubt if this is normal. Is it ?<