Re: Soemarko's Direct Carbon (Soemarko's Process I)

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 07:55:30 -0500

FotoDave@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Members of the list,
>
> I would like to announce the completion of my research / experiments on my
> direct carbon process which I will call the Soemarko's Direct Carbon (SDC) or
> the Soemarko's Process I. ...

Dave,

So Dave, where is the research and experiments??? I browsed your site
and could not find them. I did find information on purchasing samples
or purchasing your talent to make prints. However I could not find
anything about the process itself, how it might be different from
carbon, how it might be different from gum, or how it may be similar in
some aspects.

Are you planing to add the process instructions, notes, experiments, and
results to the site, and when??? Announcing a new process, as well as
one with your name attached to it, certainly should be presented so that
others may verify your claims to these discoveries.

I am puzzled how this can not just be a Gum print without a transfer as
I had thought the major difference between Gum and Carbon was in the
removal of the unexposed gelatin/pigment (from surface with Carbon and
from underneath for Gum), unless it is molded as with a Woodburytype.
Although you list some physical attributes of prints from your process,
you give no description of the process itself. What am I to assume???

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/