Albumen on glass plates...

Mac Legrandi (juicebox@my-Deja.com)
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 00:08:12 -0700

Hello!

I was looking into the wet plate processes. I was wondering if those on this list with more chemistry understanding could tell me if what I propose would work.

I was thinking about coating a glass plate with albumen, sensitizing it with Silver Nitrate, and exposing it in camera. (wet or dry, I don't really care).

I was thinking about the reversal processes discussed for Lith film. Could I develope the exposed albumen, use some type of bleach, flash it, then redevelope a positive?

Would the same silver processes for film work with this idea?

I'd just try it, but I don't have enough silver nitrate on hand.

Thanks

Mac

P.S. If this can work, could anyone suggest a bleach? I remember several formulas discussed.