Re: Bromide Drag?

Cor Breukel (cor@ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl)
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 11:34:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Thanks for all the input on my Bromide Drag question. Judging from most
(on and off list) reactions the phenomena I am observing isn't the classic
bromide drag; which is a lowering of density in the high density areas (on
the negative that is). Discussing this with Dave I will do further
experiments with a higher amounts of metol and HQ (and consequently higher
amounts of bisulfite to "tame"). Maybe I should also (partially) lift the
paper drum with films every 1 - 2 minutes to thoroughly mix the devloper
during processing.

To answer other questions: I always start with completly dry drum and use
a 5 minutes pre-wash.

I will keep the list informed when I have new findings, thanks,

Cor Breukel
http://ruly70.medfac.leidenuniv.nl/~cor/cor.html