Re: jobo drums

Peter McDonald (Peter.McDonald@afp.gov.au)
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:20:16 +1000

Dear all:

I have been using the 2509n drum for a number of years (in a CPE2+lift), and the earlier elliptical model before that. I use PMK and load the six sheets using a soft daylight changing bag. I also bought one of the loader gadgets but it was more trouble than otherwise.

I haven't noticed any edge flow problems, and have never had any streaking. The density seems quite uniform. I must admit I can't remember whether all the sheets are emulsion side in, but I haven't noticed any differences which would have alerted me to a potential problem.

I have also discovered recently that I only need 270-300 ml of solution for full development. I used to use 500-550 ml, although that was partly to reduce the rotation speed as the CPE only has the one speed.

I have been interested in the comments about oxidation with PMK. My negatives, certainly since discussing the issue with Tony McLean, are almost bulletproof, with a heavy proportional stain. It will be interesting to see how they go with Ziatypes.

Cheers

Peter McDonald.

                               WARNING

This email message and any attached files may contain information
that is confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for
use by the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient be advised that you
have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or
attached files is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the
information contained therein. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
InBox.

AFP Web site: http://www.afp.gov.au