RE: Perma-Wash = Hypoclear?

John Melanson (john@audiologic.com)
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:27:13 -0600

I'm testing clearing, not done yet, but the key seems to be the use of
sultife. Sodium sulfite is the main ingredient in hypo clear, if I remember
Perma-wash is ammonium sulfite and sodium sulfite. But EDTA also helps,
which is in hypoclear, and not perma.

The cheapest bet? Buy sodium sulfite and EDTA, mix your own. The exact
ratio doesn't seem to be critical. I use 3% Na2SO3, 1.5% EDTA (Na4).