Re: EDTA & SULFITE CLEARING BATH

Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:24:13 -0400

Bob Kiss wrote:

> DEAR FOLKS,
> Forgive me but it seems a long way around to give formulae for clearing
> baths (or any formulae for that matter) in terms of percentages. Most
> formulae for photographic chemistry that I have seen (in 1963 I began by
> reading my dad's Pre WW II photo books) from any source (Kodak books,
> Photolab index, RIT literature) are listed as grams per liter or
> grains/ounces per quart.

Well Bob, grams per 100 ml water is percentage.

You may be interested in the excellent description of solution
preparation found at the link below.
"Preparation of Solutions for the Clinical Laboratory: A Tutorial"
authored by Kereem M. D. Marlow
http://www.utmem.edu/allied/Solutions/Home.html

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias