RE: jobo help

John Brubaker (photoman@novagate.com)
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:50:49 -0400

Matthew - The Jobo-USA site has a great deal of information:

http://www.jobo-usa.com/jobofoto/contact.htm

I've also found their phone support to be very good! --- John.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Hoffman [mailto:mhoffman2@sprynet.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 4:34 AM
To: alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca
Subject: jobo help

Over the last year there's been quite a bit of discussion about developing
large film using pyro and the Jobo tanks. I'm thinking of switching to Jobo
because I'm using huge amounts of solution in my nitrogen burst tanks ...
and because hauling the massive N tank to be refilled invariably requires a
week of physical therapy. However, I'm confused by the equipment needed.
There is an inexhaustible number of Jobo parts--the various tanks, lifts,
agitators, and whatnot. I'm hoping to keep the equipment relatively simple,
without buying a fully automated system. (Although somethign that agitates
the solution while I walk the dog would certainly be a plus.). Beyond the
Expert drums, which everyone here seems to recommend, can anyone advise me
on what exactly is needed? If this is tucked away in the archives somewhere
and I've just missed it, a point in the right direction would be much
appreciated.
    Thanks for your help.
- Matthew

Matthew Hoffman