Re: jobo help

Kerik717@aol.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 02:53:36 -0400 (EDT)

jseigel@panix.com writes:

> Sorry, guess I meant *diameter* -- what is the widest *diameter* the ABS
> comes in? (I was thinking 10 foot is long, not wide, tho maybe it's both.)

I don't know the largest size it comes in, but at least 6" diameter and
probably larger. Go to your local Home Depot and check it out. They make
soft rubber caps specifically for the ABS pipe. They come with a metal hose
clamp around them, but you can discard that piece. They are water tight
enough for our purposes without the clamps. They are easy to remove and
replace in the dark when you are dumping/adding chemicals to the tubes.

> Some years ago, I was having a problem with mottling in large very
> delicately shaded highlight area on lith film being developed to low
> contrast. (Some old timers may remember the saga of the white limousine.)

Hmmm... I think the white limosine was one of the first posts I read on this
list. Time flies when you're having fun.

> Are you doing several at once?

Yes. With 4 motor bases set up in my sink I can do 4 sheets of film at a
time. It's a bit tricky to do all the dumping and refilling in the dark with
so much stuff happening at once, but you get the hang of it. I recommend
starting with one motor base at a time. A few pieces of strategically placed
glow-in-the-dark tape helps alot!

Kerik.