developing 8x10 inch film.

Vrueh, G.J. de (G.J.de.Vrueh@pve.agro.nl)
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:32:38 +0200

Hello dear list members,

The last few days i have witnessed quite an extencive discussion about what
kind of tubes/ and processes are the best for developing 8x10 inch film.

Everybody mentions rotary tube processors as favorite and probably with
reason.

Still i would like to mention the fact that i have a NOVA vertical slot
processor (type Tri- mate to be used for bl+wt and RA4 type processes) that
i use for developing 4x5 8x10 and other types of bl+wt-films like AGFA
GO210P (for large negatives). I have never encounterd any problems what so
ever as long as you don't make excessive agitation movements (gentle
circular movements give me perfect negs).

I have used differend filmtypes in differend developers like HC-110,
paperdev., rodinal, t-max etc. no problems whatsoever. you do have to place
the film in the clip with the emulsionside at the richgt side but that is
logical. You also have to work with the lights off ea in the dark!!

Of cource a nove tri-mate is expencive but you can use it for about
everything that needs to be developed and is flat (TMHO). I use it and think
it works fine.

Greeting from holland.
Gerard de Vrueh