New Archive Site

Gordon J. Holtslander (holtsg@duke.usask.ca)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:24:18 -0600 (CST)

Hi:

I have finally been able to move the alt-photo-process list archives to a
new site.

Gregory Walker had been archiving this list on a volunteer basis on his
own website. Unfortunately the archive became so large that it exceeded
his allotted quota.

He asked me if I could find a different site to host it. I tried to find
an academic institution that was willing to host the archive.
Unfortunately none were willing, the volume of information in the archive
is simply too large for an institution to take on and manage as a favour
or courtesy.

I looked at a number of "free web page services". There are a number of
free web page services. They generate revenue by placing adds on the
pages people put on their sites.

I chose to use the services of xoom.com . They offer unlimited storage
space. They put a small add at the top of each page. I don't think the
add detracts from the archive to a great extent.

The new archive site is:

http://members.xoom.com/altphotoprc/

I am working on updating the archives with newer messages. I'll inform
the list as new material is placed on the archive.

Gordon J. Holtslander Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca 112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461 Canada S7N 5E2