Border, Golden Rod, Acetate

FotoDave@aol.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:23:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, what do you use to border your negative. What I mean is, I have an
enlarged negative which is about 10x12, but I only want to use an 8x10 area
of it but still have white border on the print. I know that in printing
industry, they use golden rod paper since the color blocks UV. Is that the
same goldren rod copying paper that I can buy from Office Max? Do you tape
the goldren rod paper to the negative?

Also, since I have a few negatives like that, I am thinking about taping the
goldren window on a piece of acetate and then use this window with my
negatives. The question is, does acetate cut of UV transmission? About how
much? A lot?

Thanks a lot in advance for any input or suggestion!

Dave S