Re: BISULFITE OR BISULFATE

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/06/00-02:23:20 PM Z

Bob Kiss wrote:
> ... You corrected your error of "Sodium Sulfide" and said it should
> have been Sodium or Potassium bisulfate. Please help me here and let me
> know: Is it bisulf*i*te or bisulf*a*te?

The bottle label reads "Sodium Bisulfate", that's "A", for bisulf*A*te

The Potassium thing was "Potassium Meta Bisulfite" (with an "I"), which
is NOT recommended because of strong sulpherous fumes, Yuck.

Although it really is a mute point to ponder over which clearing agent
to use. They all seem to work when the sensitizer additives are used.
Even tap water seemed to clear completely in less than 30 minutes.
However a particular clearing agent with a particular paper may afford
shorter clearing times of 10 minutes. For the paper I used, Sprint
Fixer Remover and EDTA(Na4) cleared in the fastest times.

It is interesting (at least to myself) that the EDTA(Na4) cleared as I
had always had problems with it in the past. But when reviewing the
results for ferric oxalate without the additives, I can understand why
as it did not clear and was only better than tap water.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/