it's not the topic, off or on.... it's -

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 04/06/00-08:01:54 PM Z

... It's the MEGABYTES -- One message came in to the list today as a
62,000 K attachment -- which is a no no, even without viri, tho
apparently sent in error. Another REPEATED a 16,000 K message from
Jeffrey, to say at the bottom "good work."

Really !!!!!

It certainly did seem like very good work, at least to this non-pt'er, but
folks, please remember that not everyone has a major university
thingummmy. I was in fact locked out of my usual server because with the
SEVENTY FIVE OTHER MESSAGES FROM THIS LIST in the last 24 hours, I was
over my 4 MB limit for mail. Some folks leave the list because they can't
cope with, or otherwise accomodate, the mass & volume. I'd rather beat on
the miscreants...

It often makes sense to include at least part of the message you reply to,
because with so much traffic, it could be confusing otherwise... but
PLEASE some common sense and consideration for the less amply endowed.

It's gotten to be "normal" to include the entire thread, going back to the
first cause... let's at least crop all but the most recent....

And PS: if you're going to send mail to the list in error -- we would
REALLY prefer something juicy.

Thanks,

Judy