Re: collodion, albumen with modern cameras

From: john mann (jmann@unm.edu)
Date: 04/13/00-10:28:27 AM Z

It is a simple process to convert a standard film holder into a wet plate
holder. it requires cutting a hole through the middle barrier of the
holder (the septum), and then inserting wires to hold the glass to the film
plane. The glass is then loaded from the back, held in place with some
tension (the curved part of a yogurt container or 35mm film canister)and
the exposure can be made when the front dark slide is pulled away. The
current authors of The Collodion Journal have a design for this, and offer
a really great publication on learning how the process works.

-john

--On Wednesday, April 12, 2000, 8:44 PM -0400 MICHAEL STEINLE