cyanotype toning

MIKENPHOTO@aol.com
Date: 04/18/00-09:04:16 PM Z

Hi all,

   I'm brand new to the list and hopeful someone out there can give me a
little advise. I'm trying to tone cyanotypes black. The formula I have calls
for a sodium carbonate bleaching then "redevelopment" in gallic acid and a
touch of pyro. This gives the print a nice color but no DMax. What was solid,
dense blue before toning becomes no darker than zone 5 afterward. Does anyone
have a formula that works and yet allows for a good dmax. Thanks

Mike