Re: Non-acitic fixer?

From: Darlington Media Group (postmaster@mediaworkshop.demon.co.uk)
Date: 04/22/00-02:59:42 PM Z

Hi,

I shoudn't worry too much regarding the fixer and P.M.K. I use Ilford Hypam
and still have a well stained negative. Nothing wrong with using plain
sodium thiosulphate though.

In any case, with some films (TXT, Begger and TMY) it is somtimes all too
easy to overdo the stain and end up with very long printing times. Not too
much of a problem with New Chrysotypes as the speed, certainly with starch
sized papers like Platine, is about twice that of palladium. (I've got one
in the clearing bath as I am writing this)

I think you will find that Mike Ware does not use Pyro negatives. When I
visited him last year he was using direct duplicating film and the results
were quite stunning.

I hope you will tell us all about the workshop.

                Cheers ............. Tony McLean.

Why not take a look at the latest issue of Camera & Darkroom magazine?
http://www.camera-and-darkroom.co.uk