Non-acidic fixer for PMK

From: Sandy King (sanking@hubcap.clemson.edu)
Date: 04/23/00-06:18:26 AM Z

For what it is worth,

1. Most of the research indicates that ammonium thiosulfate fixers
are superior to those formulated with sodium thiosulfate.

2. For developing maximum stain with PMK and other staining
developers an alkaline fixer is superior to an acidic one. The
difference in maximum stain between the two types of fixers is not
great, and for practical considerations may be unimportant.
Nontheless, alkaline fixers produce slightly more stain than acidic
ones.

Try the TF-3 Alkaline fixer formula in The Film Developing Cookbook.

Stock Solution
Ammonium thiosulfate 57-60% 800ml
Sodium sulfite anhydrous 50g
Sodium metaborate 20g
Water to make 1 liter

For Working Solution, Dilute 1:4 with water.

Sandy King