Re: Sun Exposures: In Sun and in shade, and other things

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 04/25/00-09:24:01 PM Z

I said the "go correct me" in jest, in that my info on this is purely
anecdotal and NOT scientific. I try not to get my ego involved in
photographic knowledge because when I do I ALWAYS find out I am wrong. It
makes me laugh at myself, and keeps me humble. Speaking of which, Sil
nicely told me off list that it is 'collimated', not columnated! Hey, do
you guys realize that I have been snipping bits and pieces of info gleaned
on this list since my entry in august or september, and I have now a 17,000
word document???!! It's like going to grad school. AND, furthermore, thanx
so much to all the replies to my 4 by 5 purchase question. They were a
great help in moving me forward in my purchase paralysis! I was really
pleased that so many of you took the time to offer me advice.
     As for the shade vs. sunlight, I have not yet experienced a melting
negative but usually when the sun is strong the exposures are pretty quick;
come to think of it, I have not printed in dead on summer heat either...but
I just tend to do what I am taught and now I think I'll try printing in
shade.
Chris