Re: UV Lights for Gum

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 04/26/00-05:07:59 AM Z

Sarah Van Keuren wrote:
> ... I think each alternative process will have its own
> unique
> optima wavelength. Unfortunately there is no, or little, hard
> scientific
> studies on these processes to isolate the best wavelength for a
> particular
> coating process.

There is much more than optimum or fastest printing speed. The image
quality is very important. I have not seen any information (data and
observations) related to the quality of a print and spectrum of exposure
light for any photo process. One option of finding could be that some
speed could be traded for some particular quality. The resulting
optimum light source for a particular image and personal taste may
differ, perhaps similar to a painter choosing a particular pallet.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/