Dichromate Hazards

From: Linda Phillips (linda__phillips@hotmail.com)
Date: 04/27/00-04:07:08 PM Z

My excitement at having recently discovered the Gum Bichromate process is
being threatened by the hazards of working with Potassium Dichromate. This
stuff is NASTY, being both caustic AND carcinogenic.

My question: how do other dichromate users, gum printers, carbon printers,
etc., dispose of the used dichromate water? Obviously, there are local
ordinances about putting this stuff into the environment. I've been
collecting this stuff is gallon jugs and I'm at a loss as to what to do with
it! Is there some kind of chemical means of rendering it harmless?