Attachments

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 20:45:06 /etc/localtime

I don't know if the guilty parties know it, but some email programs produce
attachments automatically unless deliberately cancelled under "options."
Attachments are not only a no-no on this list, but clutter up email files,
as they are kept separately from the original messages, and some programs
do not remove them when a message is deleted. In addition, suspicious
persons (like me) do not open attachments unless (a) the sender is known to
me, and (b) the attachment is specifically mentioned in the message. Email
messages cannot carry viruses; attachments can (and some do). Please: check
your email program to make sure you are not sending attachments
unknowingly. If you do include an attachment, that is not allowed on this
list, so please desist. For one, I am getting tired of going through
folders and erasing attachments individually.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@earthlink.net
Visit http://www.psa-photo.org/