Re: digital process and the list

From: peter fredrick (pete@fotem.demon.co.uk)
Date: 06/02/00-05:21:02 AM Z

KatharineThayer wrote

>>We still have little disagreement as long as the goal is the production
of a contact negative as part of the two-step process of making an
alternative process print. What I object to is the prospect of this list
being taken over by folks who have no interest in alternative processes
and for whom digital output is not a means to an end but an end in
itself.<<
I am in complete agreement with you on this point, but is this invasion
going to take place ? there are many strong highly intelligent members of
this list who are hardly likely to let this happen !

>>Discussions about digital output as a final product don't belong
here, in my opinion, and there are plenty of other places for such
discussions to occur. This list is supposed to be about alternative
processes. As long as that's the ultimate goal, I agree with everything
you've said.<<
Katharine

Again we are in broad agreement concerning the ultimate goal of this list,
but I personally feel it is healthy for the list to veer off subject from
time to time to discuss associated subject matter after all everything
impinges on everything whether we like it or not . Otherwise we are
encouraging a ghetto mentality.

Pete

Ps I take your point Sil see new subject title