Re: Demachy

From: Robert W. Schramm (schrammrus@hotmail.com)
Date: 06/02/00-06:57:55 AM Z

Judy,

I looked very carefully at a large portfolio of about 40 prints.
Most of the paper was smooth but matt. However, there were three
prints that were on what looked like a paper one might use for
pastel or charcoal i.e. a rather rough surface. I saw no evidence of
varnish or lacquer. But then, Demachy was so good that, if he used
anything like that, we would probably not be able to tell.

Anyway it makes me want to get back to gum. I'll add that to my
already too-long list.

Have been processing rolls of B & W and have some great stuff---
enough to keep me busy for years. Before I left I experimented
with various ilford B&W films processed in Xtol a la Steve Anchell.
That's what I used on this trip and the negatives are gorgous.

Thanks for the spelling correction ;-) (Demachy)

Bob "Bub"