Re: PT/PD DOP developer - to replenish or not

From: John Richardson (jrplatinum@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/02/00-01:41:03 PM Z

Jeff:

Check before you speak. I have tried these tests in EDTA, phosphoric, and
Kodak hypo clear, 3 baths at 5 minutes each. If I develop a print for
only 1 minute then the coated but masked area of the paper does not
clear. That area looks orange when it is removed from the developer.
When I develop for a full two minutes the orange color is greatly reduced
(almost not visible), and it goes away immediately upon entering the first
clearing bath. This is on Crane's cover natural paper.