Re: Need advice on development times for Plus-X

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/21/00-10:30:42 AM Z

At 2000/06/21 09:57 AM -0600, Dan Smith wrote:
>If you have tried developing by inspection the time isn't too critical. You
>can see the density building up as you progress and pull the negs when they
>look right to you.

Best way I know of to get underdeveloped negs. Unless you are VERY
experienced, you had better not trust your instincts, but wait (if the neg
base is transparent) until you see the highlights (blacks) develop fully on
the back of the film. And, as you know, if working by inspection you do
have to learn how far the dev should go depending on what you are going to
print with the neg.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
teched@psa-photo.org