Re: UV light source

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 06/28/00-02:01:09 PM Z

Rod, Black light sources vary in energy output. And the same tubes
with
different ballast will also effect out put. The quality of "efficient"
may not
matter. If you are looking to increase your printing speed and spend
lots of
money on power consumption, buy a big noisy light unit. The up keep of
these
units can be costly as they burn out capacitors. The lamps burn out
much faster than florescent tubes.
There was some talk about increased sharpness with the plate burners.
There was
also some discussion about printing of digital negatives and how
different light
sources performed. BL tubes work fine and if you are going to print
other alt
processes it may be the right choice.

Have fun

EJ Neilsen