Re: Anticipating the future

Since most of the photography world still seems to be
pre-industrial (I mean, there's still no standard lens mount
across manufacturers!), this shouldn't be too difficult,
particularly for alternative processes for which there's
precious little vendor support anyhow.

Pam

erobkin@uwc.edu wrote:

> About a lifetime ago, I was a systems analyst in the defense industry.  In
> that endeavor I was taught to examine poor and incomplete evidence in order
> to pick out trends that my employer would like to know about so as to
> anticipate them.  I have to admit it was a lot of fun and an interesting
> challenge.  It also paid really well for the times.
>
> Much of alt-photo depends on modern applications of 19th Century ideas
> applied through an indtermediate (filter? enhancemet?) step of 20th century
> materials....
>
> So before the crisis deepens perhaps it is time for a collective project on
> replacing all of the commercial materials you depend on with home brewed
> or small scale manufacturing sources.  That is, how to take the dependence
> on large scale 20th Century commerce out of alt-photo?

Pamela G. Niedermayer
Pinehill Softworks Inc.
1221 S. Congress Ave., #1225
Austin, TX 78704