Re: Anticipating the future

The onslaught of digital versus film reminds me of another bit of recent
history, which involved the music industry.  I remember when CD's first
appeared and it was said that they would replace all vinyl records.  Well,
the first time around some people bought the CD's, the new technology
embracers, but still more bought the regular vinyl records.  This went on
for a few years until one day they just stopped making the vinyl.  You had
to adapt or perish and give in to buy the CD's, the players, the carrying
cases, etc.  There is still a demand for vinyl albums, but the production is
very limited.  Film will likely fall into the same trap.  If we do not
accept the newer technology of digital then it will be thrust upon us just
like so many vegetables on our dinner plate as children.  Some day soon film
production will just be cut way down and the fight will be over, end of
story.

Gary Miller