Re : Xerox transfer et al

The Xerox emulsion transfer I referred to is the following:
I made a color copy via professionel Canon copier and coated the front with
acrylic gloss medium from Windsor& Newton, a bit diluted with plain water.
Let it dry and repeat 3 to 5 times. The result with 3 coatings is more
delicate then the one with 5.
After drying put the print in water, and start rubbing the back to get rid
of the paper, be careful with the darker parts, if you rub to vigouresly
the thin acrylic layer with the color image can be damaged (but that can be
a nice final result, you have to try it to see what I mean)
The result will be a color image on the transparent acrylic; now you can
put this onto a heavy paper with a watersoluble white glue, for this I use
a hobby adhesive, the one I use is Berol Adhesives Marvin Medium, it dries
totally transparent. That would be the normal procedure. But I was not so
happy with the final rubbing of the last residu of the paper on the back,
so I stick the front of the acrylic-with-the-color-image on the receiving
paper, let it dry, and start from here again to rub the last paper off. If
you do not rub the paper totally off, one can even use watercolor to work
on the image. In stead of the receiving paper one can also use silver or
golden sheets of present paper.
To the permanence: I covered one half of a color copy, and put it in the
sun for several weeks, the difference between the covered part and the part
directly in the sun was for me proof enough not to continue with all the
effort to obtain a nice Xerox transfer, I switched back to bromoil and gum
:-)
By the way, the Canon copier is for me the easiest way to produce negatives
up to A3 for gum printing, even color separations is a matter of pushing a
button.
Cheers

Henk