RE: cellulose nitrate films storage

I checked this out a number of years ago with Kodak who provided me with
long-lost literature on the subject.  Since there may be more current
information and my memory may not be accurate, I suggest you contact them.
As I recall, the problem is primarily with reels of movie film and not
particularly with small amounts of photo negatives.  In all cases, however,
storage should be cool, well ventilated to avoid vapor build-up for
spontaneous combustion, and obviously away from sources of heat.  I
remember, as a little child, that bad boys would ignite the film and throw
it into classrooms as "stink bombs". (Beats bullets).  Joe