Re: desktop negatives - tests in cyanotype

>> Byron, I believe it was a linescreen. I recall talk, at the University of
the
>Arts in Philadelphia where this donated scitex lives, of incompatibility
>with Dan Burkholder's approach.

Just to avoid any confusion, in the Second Edition of "Making Digital
Negatives for Contact Printing" I outline steps to produce BOTH
stochastic and linescreen imagesetter negatives. In fact, I even include
stochastic test files on the accompanying CDROM (prepared for several
imagesetter resolutions) so readers can easily output a small file to
determine if a particular imagesetter is on speaking terms with random
dot negatives.

I still use stochastic negatives myself for my platinum printing, but
have no gripe with those who go the linescreen route. Brooks Jensen of
Lenswork Quarterly is making wonderful silver gelatin contact prints
using a traditional 450 linescreen and we get along just fine. >;^D

Hope this helps.

Dan

Dan Burkholder
P.O. Box 111877
Carrollton, TX 75011-1877
USA
972-242-9819
fax 972-242-9651
danphoto@aol.com
www.danburkholder.com

Author of the book nobody should be without:
"Making Digital Negatives for Contact Printing."