Re: What to do in Paris?

>The first thing you must do is to eat great French cooking.
>The rest is easy. Unless you have lots of money to burn you
>needn't bother with buying cameras in Paris. Prices, as I remember,
> are at least 50% higher than in the U.S.of A.
>Get the monthly (I think) Paris photo gallery guide when you get
>there. When we did this we discovered that galleris are not usually
>open when they say they would be.
>
>But it's better to know where the galleries are, just in case they're
>open.
>
>Most important. Have fun. Ed
>
>On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Mary Pat McNally wrote:
>

>> I will be in Paris April 10-18 and wondered if ther are alt or straight
>> photo exhibits that I should see? Aslo are there antique camera, image, etc
>> shops that I shouldn't miss. How about Museums of note involving
>> photography? Thanks, John Bottger. P.S. You may respond off line if you
>> please.

Prices in Paris are higher for new cameras, but if you're into antique
ones, some pretty good deals can be made compared to the US. The reverse
is true as well. Cheap antique cameras in the US will sell for more over
here...
If you want all the info; upon your arrival go to any museum and buy the
small booklet Paris Photo - it's not unlike New York Photographic and
will tell what's going on where and give you tons of addresses.

Carl Fransman

SALTO
Printing & Lithography

Groenplaats 1