Re: looking for a 8x10

From: James Young (jamiehy@globaldialog.com)
Date: 05/03/00-07:12:58 AM Z

>Why buy a new one when used ones are such a better value and often better
>built?
>
>Les
>
>Jcpronier@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a 8X10 field camera. It seems only few models remain on the
> > market. How about the new zone VI 8X10 camera which is still manufactured?

I would agree with Les. With the digital age upon us a lot of
commercial studios are going to be dumping their 8x10's and, and I
recommend looking for a deardorff. They are great cameras but don't
make good digital back platforms. 10 x10 enlargers are also becoming
mostly obsolete as labs go digital.