Re: Thanks, Gord.

CCBaggett@aol.com
Date: 05/04/00-08:50:10 PM Z

glassact@compuserve.com writes:

<< Gord:
   Thank you for hosting the list. You have my applause, respect, and
 sympathy. I've learned more from this list regarding alt processes, life,
 and society than I ever imagined possible. Even met quite a few friends and
  kindred spirits along the way. Thanks again, Ed.

I'd like to second what Ed has posted and add a, perhaps, unwanted note about
this virus. It is sinsister in that it attaches itself and mails itself to
everyone in your address book if you are using Microsoft Outlook. It is very
likely that you will receive it from someone you know because of the way it
works. I was at a client today where the virus had gotten loose. They knew
that they had potentially infected thousands of others because their mailing
lists are extensive. The person who activated it had received it from a
friend. If you don't know there is a virus being propagated (most didn't this
morning) the liklihood of opening it, since it came from a firend, is pretty
high. My point is that other than the originator noone is doing this
intentionally. As for anyone being sued- highly unlikely. There is no legal
precedent of which I am aware. Assigning blame in a case like this is
extremely difficult to prove. Even computer crime prosecutions are very rare.
What would be best here is a little calm and patience- and sympathy for the
victims. How would you feel to learn you had just sent this virus to your
friends and customers? By the way, list aside, most of us can't conduct our
businesses without using attachments. Hope this is helpful. If they try to
sue you e-mail me Gordon. I'm on your team. Cheers. Charlie