Re: Gum prints by enlargement

From: Jarred McCaffrey (jmccaffr@cs.uml.edu)
Date: 05/05/00-11:03:39 AM Z

That's great, Rod. To paraphrase from the web page you mentioned, Xenon strobes
emit an array of light waves approximately equivalent to high noon on a tropical
island. That definitely seems pretty applicable.

I was thinking, if UV waves are the most important part of our exposures, why
bother with generating the rest of the visible light and all the heat that comes
along with it. Does anyone think that UV lights (aka, blacklights) would serve
our purposes?

Here is another link from the author that Rod referred us to which talks
specifically about UV light. He even mentions that one type of light is used in
special photographic processes and printing. Hmmm...

http://www.misty.com/~don/uvbulb.html

Jarred