Re: course of true love

From: Thor Bols (thorbols@hotmail.com)
Date: 05/05/00-12:12:33 PM Z

Regarding Rod's statement: "SO you figure out how I can send to 20 or so
different clients, all using different operating systems, software, some
using ISDN, some on modems, some on non-capi 2 ISDN ta's, some, it's true,
still using 14.4 modems, without being there all day?"

Wayde is totally correct in his statements concerning ftp. But, even though
it is less efficient, I do things Rod's way. Depending upon one's business
and the technical prowess of the client contacts, there can be DINSTINCT
ADVANTAGES to using e-mail attachments to send software, etc. Some people
just glaze over when you mention ftp, or even when you furnish them, via
e-mail, a url. They want it served to them the only way they know: e-mail.
E-mail allows them the advantage of being able to readily find an
attachement in the future. And, perhaps more importantly, it affords the
sender the comfort in knowing that the recipient DID receive the attachment.