Re: Fwd: APIS?PhotoHistorica 2000

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 05/08/00-06:31:16 AM Z

Sandy King wrote:
> ... message from Terry King.
> >APIS/PhotoHistorica 2000 has developed into an exciting event for anyone
> >interested in the practice of photography and the development of the medium
> >on which that practice is based....

The program certainly sounds interesting. However, it is not practical
for myself and perhaps others to attend an APIS every year, especially
if APIS is to be as informative and international as I would hope it
should.

I would hope to see an international APIS held maybe every three years
hosted at various locations through the world. A large event takes time
and resources. Also a diversity of more participants would be more
likely to attend if spaced several years apart. I feel that what has
happened to the current APIS is that, for the most part, European
interest will attend Bath and American interest will attend Santa Fe. I
am not talking about the presenters as much as the participants.

I would really like to attend a truly international APIS on some regular
basis and meet others from around the globe face to face, not just
restricted to internet communications. Can some thought be put into
this?

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/